Dealing with lips that are turning darker day by day? You must probably be looking for ways to lighten dark lips. Aren’t you? Don’t worry as you’re not alone in this. Almost many of us face the problem of developing dark lips over time due to many factors. So here are some best home remedies you should know for beautiful and smooth lips.
What causes dark lips?
Wondering why lips are often the first to get affected? Be it environmental pollution or dehydration, our lips easily get affected and darken. This happens because the skin of our lips is the thinnest and most sensitive.
So before knowing how to lighten dark lips at home, let’s understand what actually causes our lips to get darker :
- Excess exposure to the sun
- Hydration issues
- Smoking cigarette
- Allergic response to products and ingredients
- Lipstick and other inappropriate cosmetics
- Caffeine overdose
Home remedies to treat dark lips
Because your lips are almost three times as sensitive as your skin, one should take care of them a bit more than regular skin. So say bye-bye to dry and dark lips as here are some best black lips treatment that are easy to follow at home and also less time consuming :
- Take a lemon. Either squeeze half a lemon or take a thin slice of lemon.
- Sprinkle a bit of sugar on top and mix it gently.
- Apply it to your lips. Make sure to rub gently. Apply this remedy for weeks regularly.
- Turmeric paste
- Take a bowl and add 1 or 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- Add a little amount of milk and mix it into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your lips and rub it gently.
- Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Almond oil
- Lemon juice
- Almond oil
- Take some almond oil to a cup and add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Apply the oil to your lips and rub and massage it gently.
- Leave for a few minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Baking soda
- Take 5 strawberries and crush them medium-sized.
- Make a paste out of it and add 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Now apply this paste to your lips before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight before rinsing it off with cold water the next morning.
Home remedies are natural but they are time taking too. However, if you lack time you can also look for a natural product that is equally good as home remedies. Pure Sense Macadamia Nourishing Lip Balm is one such kind of product that has goodness of nature and it is made from 100% natural ingredients like Macadamia nut oil, almond oil, castor oil, beeswax extracts etc. It is a chemical-free and toxic-free natural product. Also, it comes with anti-inflammatory properties that help in relieving your lips from dark colour.
Having beautiful pink lips naturally is the dream!
Every lip becomes dark and dry with time, but just like every problem, it too has a solution. Be it any reason for having dark lips, with just some extra care and black lips treatment you can easily undo the damage and get those healthy pink lips. However, before deciding on a treatment, consult a doctor as they can assist in treating the underlying reason for your darker lip pigmentation.