Exfoliating your skin is a great way to keep it healthy. A body scrub helps exfoliate your skin and there are way too many options in the beauty market that you can pick from. But if you’re not too sure about a product, you can make a DIY body scrub in the comfort of your home and use it effectively to get rid of all the dirt, dead skin cells and other impurities. Here are some DIY body scrub recipes that you need to try at home.
DIY Body Scrubs:
- Coffee Scrub: You need to mix half a cup of coffee grounds with two tablespoons of hot water. Mix it thoroughly with a spoon and then add one tablespoon of warm coconut oil. If needed, add more coffee grounds or more oil to get the consistency right. Use this mixture as a body scrub once a week. The tiny granules in the coffee grounds work gently on your skin to scrub the dead skin cells off of your skin while coconut oil keeps your skin moisturised.
- Brown Sugar Scrub: Take half a cup of brown sugar and mix it with half a cup of oil of your choice like jojoba, olive, almond, coconut, etc. Mix the two ingredients thoroughly and then add two drops of your favourite essential oil. Stir it into the mixture and then use this as a scrub all over your body. Brown sugar acts as a natural body scrub and gently exfoliates your skin. The oil helps lock moisture in your skin.
- Sea Salt Scrub: In a bowl, mix half a cup of sea salt and an equal amount of oil of your choice. Mix thoroughly and then add two drops of any essential oil of your choice. Use this body scrub to exfoliate the dead skin cells and other impurities on your body. Ground sea salt is better as compared to coarse sea salt as the former isn’t as harsh on your skin as the latter. Be careful if you have a cut on your skin as the salt can sting.
- Green Tea Sugar Scrub: Take two tea bags of green tea and add them to half a cup of hot water. Let the tea steep until it cools. While the tea is cooling, add a cup of brown sugar to a bowl and add 1/4th cup of coconut oil to it. Mix both the ingredients thoroughly. Once the tea cools down, add it to the sugar mixture. It is important that the tea is cool so that the sugar doesn’t dissolve. When you’ve reached your desired consistency, use this scrub all over your body to get rid of impurities and dead skin cells. Green tea is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. The sugar works as a great natural scrub while oil helps moisturise your skin.
- Honey Sugar Scrub: Add half a cup of brown sugar to 1/4th cup of coconut oil. Mix it well and then add two tablespoons of honey to it. Make sure that the mixture isn’t too crumbly. Once you have the right consistency of the DIY scrub, massage it all over your body and then rinse it off with cold or lukewarm water. Honey has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. The coarseness of sugar helps with exfoliation while coconut oil is meant to provide your skin with moisturisation.
If we had to recommend you to try a natural product, it’d be the Pure Sense Macadamia Moisturising Almond & Walnut Body Scrub. It has a non-drying formula that buffs away dead skin cells and impurities, leaving your skin soft, smooth and supple. The relaxing body scrub instantly smoothens and moisturises your skin and also protects it from environmental damage while reducing the appearance of fine lines.